possible problem with NIN

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

possible problem with NIN

Postby rholmes_uk on Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:30 am

When i go into NIN, I see computers under the Computer List tab, but if i goto the File Find tab, i dont get an option to select users, computers or anything from the computers/users in the AuditData directory?. Is this a bug, or something that has not currently been implemented?

If it hasnt yet been implemented, it would be a useful option to be able to select the pc name, as its not always easy to remember the exact names.

Also would it be possible to allow a custom filter to be used which would have the option to \"contain\" certain strings.. for instance, to search for all instance of \"office\" in the software list, meaning office 95, 97, 2000 would appear??

thanks in advance.

[Edited on 14-2-2002 by rholmes_uk]
rholmes_uk
Junior

Postby Support Team on Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:28 am

Hello,

To search for a substring just check the \"Search as substring\" checkbox. You can also search using wildcards, for example: *office* - would do just that.

The Find File feature was designed to search for a file matching the search criteria across all snapshots. By applying a filter or grouping the results in the grid you can limit your view to a single computer or user. Please let us know if you still think that having an option to select a computer/user as search criteria would be more convenient.

Best regards.
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4