Clearing up conflicts

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Clearing up conflicts

Postby jingoglia on Mon May 02, 2005 9:07 am

So i have about 175 stations I'm trying to inventory via AN 4.5.2 b1596, most of them are coming along fine, however I have quite a few machines that constantly come up with the same asset tag therefor causing conflicts with eachother. I'm using "smart" taging mode and all the asset information AN is grabbing is junk, (IE 0123456789) and I already entered the "junk" tags into the filter. My problem is that AN isnt skiping the junk info and moving to the next step for tagging, ie computername. I've cleared the conflicts out of my Quarantine folders, and I've also gone to the specific machines and removed the ina32.ini file(saw a previous thread that mentioned that might help). But the same 10 or so machines are still conflicting with each other. Any ideas?
jingoglia
Junior

Postby JeremyEdmiston on Mon May 02, 2005 2:32 pm

What type of machines are they??

We had issues with some of our Dell computers reporting 'Field' or 'Dell' as the asset tag - this was due to Motherboard replacements where we forgot to use the asset tag tool from Dell to reset the BIOS Asset Tag.

Good Luck!
Jeremy Edmiston
Point Loma Nazarene University
JeremyEdmiston

Postby jingoglia on Mon May 02, 2005 2:34 pm

Yea I belive I read your post, our machines are a mix, some old HP Vectra's, some Asus Terminators, some MPC's, the rest are generic clones.
jingoglia
Junior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4