Audit hangs "Getting engines information..."

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Audit hangs "Getting engines information..."

Postby andrew.platt@fiege.co.uk on Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:05 pm

Hello All,

Anyone seen this before. I've got two particular servers (W2K server on fast boxes) in a mixed-mode AD domain that won't run the audit properly any more. The splash screen opens and seems to be running, but stops at the section where it says "Getting engines information...". I've left them for about 15 minutes now and their apparently doing nothing"

Any ideas what this bit does? I've got 48 other servers running the audit OK, just these two that are the problem.

Running Asset Navigator v4.4.1 Build: 1568 and executing the audit automatically through a Kix script.

Thanks for any help.

Andy Platt
andrew.platt@fiege.co.uk

Postby mhull on Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:13 pm

This may be caused by an issue with corrupt Windows drivers causing ina32.exe to hang. It has been fixed in the latest version. Please email support@alloy-software.com with 'forum ID 3167' in email subject and request the latest ina32.exe.
mhull

Postby blakekrone on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:24 pm

I too have this problem on only 1 NT machine (out of 540 NT,2k,XP). Hopefully this will fix the problem.
blakekrone

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4