Deleted files during refresh

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Deleted files during refresh

Postby mrwpca on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:32 pm

Some records are being deleted when I perform a refresh. No changes are being made with the filter or other parameters. Why is this happening, and what can I do to prevent it from occurring?
mrwpca
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:01 pm

How did you determine that these records are being deleted? It sounds like they are just being removed from the current view due to filtering. Try removing all filters and doing a search for the record, to find out whether it is really deleted, or just hidden.
mhull

Postby mrwpca on Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:11 pm

When I go to refresh, the Refresh Status window pops up and shows the record that was deleted. This is a new install and I do not have any filters set up. Also, a search for the computer does not produce any results.
mrwpca
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:49 pm

This doesn't indicate that Refreshing is deleting the record. It simply indicates that the .adt snapshot file has been moved or deleted from the audit repository. The only way this will occur through our product is if you actually select a record and hit delete.
mhull

Postby RyanWest on Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:50 am

I've seen this happen, but it was always accompanied by a NEW record for the same computer.
RyanWest

Postby mhull on Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:05 am

The behavior Ryan describes is expected if a computer is reimaged, or something is done to wipe out it's ina32.ini file. In this case it may start using a new audit filename, in which case Network Inventory may register it's next audit as a new record due to different filename.
mhull

Postby mrwpca on Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:50 pm

Nope, a new record does not accompany the deleted one. I tried to submit an on-demand audit for the deleted computers, but it came back with the error "Failed: error connecting to remote computer. The RPC server is unavailable".
mrwpca
Junior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4