Logging to a remote resource

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Logging to a remote resource

Postby natasha on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:28 pm

Good evening,
I'm trying and use a WSH script to access ina32.exe from a remote
workstation in a non-networked LAN.
I used script suggested in Section 4.1.2, page 40 of NINA 4.1 version manual.
Of course, I modified it to access network share as a different user:

@ECHO OFF
NET USE N: "\\auditserversharedfolder" /user:donald duck
START /WAIT N:ina32.exe /userid="%LOGIN_NAME"
USE N: /DELETE

having setted an user "donald" with password "duck" and administrative
rights on audit server. I'm sure this settings they function because, if
from remote PC I try to connect from Network Folders giving credentials,
I'm able to run ina32.exe and I have audit of remote computer.
Is there any other way to execute ina32.exe, or to connect via WSH to a
network share?
I'd like also to know, what registry keys they're necessary to collect serial numbers of installed products, at least Windows/Office.
Thanks in advance,

Nat
natasha
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:37 pm

the issue is probably in the 'net use n:...' statement. You'll want to troubleshoot this by running it at a command prompt, and seeing what sort of error you get.

As for product keys, these will be detected by ina32.exe if they are stored in the standard location. If the manufacturer does not follow standards in this regard, you'll need to contact them or look in the registry to determine where the data is stored, then create a custom registry scan rule in Deployment Wizard to detect it.
mhull

Postby natasha on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:43 pm

[quote] As for product keys, these will be detected by ina32.exe if they are stored in the standard location. If the manufacturer does not follow standards in this regard, you'll need to contact them or look in the registry to determine where the data is stored, then create a custom registry scan rule in Deployment Wizard to detect it. [quote]

I absolutely agree. What are standard locations (for Windows and Office, at least)?
natasha
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 pm

We haven't had any reports of issues with detecting info for these products, so you shouldn't have to do any additional configuration to gather data on them. If you do have a problem please email a copy of the problem .adt file to support@alloy-software.com so we can look into it.
mhull

Postby natasha on Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:50 am

I tried and troubleshooting script. The "START /WAIT" row it functions, it's connection to remote resource with

NET USE N: "auditserversharedfolder" /user:donald duck

I'm not able to launch. I have a generic "67 network error".
Any suggest?
natasha
Junior

Postby mhull on Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:56 am

You should request assistance from your network administrator. The cause of a failed drive mapping are related to your local network conditions, so you need assistance with someone who is familiar with those,
mhull

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4