on-demand audit profile question

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

on-demand audit profile question

Postby RyanWest on Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:55 pm

If I set up an on-demand audit profile by IP address will the program still exclude any PCs that are in my exclusion list? Also, If I try to run an on-demand audit for a single PC and that PC matches my exclusion criteria will the audit still run?

We have three subnets in our facility. I would like to set up three on-demand audit profiles, one for each subnet .1 to .254, but the profiles would still have to exclude anything that matches my exclusion criteria as set up in the deployment wizard. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?
RyanWest

Postby mhull on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:56 pm

Yes, the On-demand audit uses the settings of your deployment, including exclusion rules. The exceptions are schedule (on-demand audit ignores schedule and always runs) and mode (on-demand audit is always in Silent mode.)
mhull

Postby RyanWest on Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:50 pm

I ran an on-demand audit for all of the IPs on my network and the exclusion rules were not enforced. Also, is there a way to set up exclusions by IP rather than by computer name?
RyanWest

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4