on-demand audit not auditing specified PC

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

on-demand audit not auditing specified PC

Postby RyanWest on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:47 pm

I just installed Network Inventory and set up the audit shares. When I attempt to run an on-demand audit for a single PC based on the PC's computer name Network Inventory audits the PC that I am running the NI software from. When I run an on-demand audit for the same PC based on IP address the software audits the correct PC. To try and make things clearer I'll give an example:

NI is installed on PC1 with the shares residing on \\server1alloy
I am attempting to use on-demand audit to audit PC2.
When I choose a single on-demand audit and type in "PC2" the software audits PC1.
When I choose a single on-demand audit and type in the IP address of PC2 the software audits PC2.

It would be EXTREMELY helpful if I could run on-demand audits based on computer name rather than IP. Please let me know if I have set up something incorrectly or if you have a fix for this issue.

Ryan
RyanWest

Postby mhull on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:57 pm

If you run 'ping PC1' from command line, whose IP address is returned?
mhull

Postby RyanWest on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:00 am

The IPs are resolving correctly. If I ping "pc1" it pings pc1's IP. If I ping "pc2" it pings pc2's IP.
RyanWest

Postby mhull on Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:40 pm

Probably this is an issue with your WMI. Please contact support@alloy-software.com with reference to forum ID 3041 for further assistance.
mhull

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4