Question on INA32.ini

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Question on INA32.ini

Postby OMNI on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:54 pm

What would prevent this file from being written to the local hard drive of a machine. According to the documentation it will attempt to write it to the system root of the OS and if it is unable to, it will create an INA32 folder with the config file in it. This does not happen.

Even logging into the desktop as a domain admin and running ina32.exe manually does not seem to resolve this issue as the next morning the user will come in log on and AN still runs prompting them for their information. What it will do is prevent NA from running if they log off and log on, but if they reboot they'll be prompted for all their information again.

As a test, i threw a dummy ina32.ini file into the system root directory and AN didn't run on reboot with the symptoms described above. There was no information in the ini file it was blank i just gave it the name that AN looks for and it seemed happy and decided not to run.

My point is that even as a domain admin with above and boyond rights to the local machine this file isn't writtin on a consistent basis. So what suggestions or hotfixes are available to address this besides throwing dummy files on machines which would be a pain to touch 800 machines.

Thanks for your help.
OMNI
Junior

Postby mhull on Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:38 pm

For further assistance please run the following web form on one of the problem machines, and reference forum ID 2926 when filling out the form.

http://www.alloy-software.com/support/ina32.html
mhull

www program failed

Postby OMNI on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:42 am

getting an error after the pc audit:

iexplore:
socket error #10053
software caused connection to abort.

any suggestions?
OMNI
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:36 am

At what point in the audit process are you getting this error?
mhull

Postby mhull on Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:37 am

It looks like your PC or network configuration will block ina32.html. Please email support@alloy-software.com with reference to forum ID 2926 for further assistance.
mhull

RE:

Postby OMNI on Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:21 pm

the error pops ups when transmitting debug information. I will email support per request.
OMNI
Junior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4