Audit will not disconnet mapped drive

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Audit will not disconnet mapped drive

Postby Ahamill on Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:41 am

I have the following lines in my script (Running on Win2K servers):

net use X: \\zeusmonitor
start /wait x:ina32.exe
net use x: /delete

I see by an earlier post that I can use the "/b" switch to stop the DOS box from opening, but I still have a couple of XP systems that give an error message that the mapped drive can not be deleted because a program is still running and then waits for the user to enter an "N" or "y" as to wether to continue. I thought the "/wait" handled that issue. Thanks for your help.
Ahamill
Junior

Postby condabas on Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:36 pm

Why not just run it like this:

start \\zeusmonitorina32.exe
exit \\zeusmonitorina32.exe

This way no mapping is needed. All this does is run the script then close the dos window, but the audit runs. No need for the wait command. Just make sure you configure your ina32.cfg file to look something like this if you do it this way:

Path=\\zeusmonitor
DataPath=\\zeusmonitorAuditdata
LogPath=\\zeusmonitorLog

I would make it silent so they don't know you are running it. AN has a nice feature that you can set so it runs on a monthly schedule in the deployment wizard. I have mine setup like that and it has been working like a champ.
condabas
Senior

Postby Ahamill on Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:16 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try. The users are complaining about the DOS box anyway, so I might be able to kill two birds with one stone if this works.

Allan
Ahamill
Junior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4