Link to barcode reader/writer

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Link to barcode reader/writer

Postby Dave Pashby on Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:28 am

We'd like to use the data from our inventory to produce bar codes to attach to our PC's
We'd then like to be able to scan these codes periodically to confirm asset's.

I'm imagining I'll have to export the inventory data to an excel spreadsheet, and use this to populate a database for the puropses of producing bar codes.

Has anyone done anything similar, and can you make any suggestions and/or product recomendations. Thanks, DaveP
Dave Pashby
Junior

Recommendations please?

Postby rjones on Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:22 pm

I'm just at the beginning of this process myself, and if anyone has some suggestions on which way to go it would certainly lessen my legwork.
rjones

Postby rexnmiller on Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:00 pm

Our asset tags come with bar codes already. Is there any way to gather this information and use it in Asset Navigator instead of the automatic bar code assignment?
rexnmiller

rexnmiller

Postby bakkebob on Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:59 pm

rexnmiller, Did you ever find a way to read your existing bar codes, with AN? Or did you just use their barcodes?

Thanks in advance
bakkebob
Junior

Postby Support Team on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:59 pm

Barcode is an editable field. If you hook up a keyboard wedge scanner you can easily "read" existing barcodes for your assets - just select the Barcode field, scan the barcode with the gun and click Save.
Support Team

Postby Support Team on Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:13 pm

Actually, barcodes are relevant for Asset Navigator only. The original question was posted in the wrong forum.
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4