Changing asset tag

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Changing asset tag

Postby isamoylov on Wed May 22, 2002 3:18 pm

I have deployed asset navigator 2.6.1 with the options interactive at the first time and use computer name as asset tag.
After I got a bunch of audit files and I imported them into the database, we decided to change the asset tag to a numeric value, and we did that manually on the database.
Now, after I run a new audit, if I want to import files again, I get all the computers duplicated: one set of computers with the computer name as asset tag and a second set with the new numeric asset tag.
I\'ve tried to edit the audit files by changing the asset tag from computer name to new asset tag, but when a new audit is running, the audit file is overwritten with one in which the asset tag is set back to the old value (computer name).
I\'ve tried to run the inventory manually with the options /force /entertag, but it does not ask again for a tag and it\'s just proceeding with the audit using the old tag (computer name).

So bottom line, I need to be able to change the asset tag and to keep the current schedule and settings.

Any ideas about how to do this?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Bogdan
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby lowtech on Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:36 pm

I found while testing this software that it is best to remove the data and configure the deployment to do an interactive once then have a seperate configuration to run silent from then on. It seems to be working well for me like that.

Lowtech
lowtech
Junior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4