Can I suppress the user ID input window?

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Can I suppress the user ID input window?

Postby isamoylov on Tue May 21, 2002 5:36 pm

I have just installed the licensed version of NIN 2.60 on a Novell Netware 5 network. I have added ina32.exe to run in the system login script. Now everytime a user logs in, they get a window asking for user ID, email and location. Once they enter this info it is recorded and does not have to be entered again. But everytime they log in, the window continues to pop up and the user must hit \"start\" or \"cancel\" to continue.

How do I get rid of this input window?
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Wed May 29, 2002 10:04 pm

It looks like you did something wrong during the deployment of ina32.exe, most likely you did not use the Deployment Wizard to put ina32.exe and ina32.cfg to a shared network folder.

Please use the Deployment Wizard, specify the target location and other configuration options. This should fix the problem.

If this does not help, please e-mail us (support@a-navigator.com) the ina32.cfg file from the target folder.
Support Team

Postby isamoylov on Thu May 30, 2002 11:07 am

Problem solved. After uninstalling NIN, reinstalling and running the deployment wizard, ina32 runs without the popup user info window.

Thanks, I love this product.

Tim McCain
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Thu May 30, 2002 11:28 am

Actually you did not have to re-install NIN, or it did not work without re-installing?
Support Team

Postby isamoylov on Thu May 30, 2002 2:23 pm

I just blew everything away and started fresh just to be sure. The installation takes less than 2 minutes. That\'s cool too.

Tim McCain
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4