NT4 machines : devices not scanned or visible

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

NT4 machines : devices not scanned or visible

Postby hvincke on Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:13 pm

I still got problems scanning NT4 machines. No other devices then display, keyboard, mouse, other devices and scsi controllers are detected. I use the new version 2.0.

Is there a minimum SP version required or what can resolve my problem. I need this software for a NT4 to W2k migration project, and would like the inventorization done by this great tool.
hvincke

Postby Support Team on Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:38 pm

Please contact our support team directly. We need to know the specific details of your configuration.

Thank you.
Support Team

novell and NT4 systems

Postby jdorshefski on Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:44 pm

When I try to scan NT4 systems I receive no information. Are there min. requirements or something else I am missing in running the program. I too, am in a migration effort to combine novell and NT4 servers into a single W2K server environment. It would be nice to do this for all servers existing on the network.
I have Novell 4.x, 5.x, NT4 sp4 and above and some W2K servers. scanning on the pc\'s seem to be fine. Please help
jdorshefski
Junior

Postby Support Team on Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:17 pm

The problem with NT4 machines is that all devices are listed under a single category.
NT4 does not gives a break-down the way Win 98, Me, 2K and XP do.

If you are not getting ANY devices listed, please send your .adt file from the NT4 machine to support@a-navigator.com for analysis.
Support Team

NT4 machines inventory

Postby hvincke on Thu May 02, 2002 2:41 am

The devices are visible, I can work with that. It is known that NT4 keeps its device list in another way, then all other Win OS\'sses.

It would be very nice if all other devices such as extra cards could be detected too, but this isnt possible.

kind regards,

Hans

hvincke@rndbe.jnj.com
hvincke

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4