1 Improvement and 1 problem

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

1 Improvement and 1 problem

Postby basullivan on Mon May 06, 2002 5:29 pm

Love the product and am proposing it to a 2000 node environment.
2 things
Can the default printer be listed on the HTML report (good for a new pc roll-out to know this)
And I have ahd problems with the monitor not showing up on the HTML report. Would be nice to know which type it is without having to go to the desk of 2000 users to find this.

Thanks,
Bill
basullivan

Postby Support Team on Wed May 08, 2002 1:48 am

Hello Bill,

The first suggestion would not take long to implement.

As far as the monitor information is concerned, it should be included in the Video section (see Monitor and Monitor Serial Number fields)

Or perhaps you are suggesting for this information to be included on the index page, where all computers are listed?
Support Team

RE

Postby basullivan on Wed May 08, 2002 9:49 am

Sorry. I should have clarified that. Yes you are correct. I did mean in the export to Excel, txt, xml, html. Let me know if this is possible please.
THanks muchly
Bill
basullivan

Postby Support Team on Wed May 08, 2002 10:20 am

Including monitor information in the computer list is relatively easy. You just need to edit the template file (template.adt) and modify the definition of grid columns

By default the template can be found in
C:Program FilesA-Navigator.comNetwork Inventorysysdata

In order to add the monitor field you will need to :

1 Increment the column count in the Columnts section:

[Columns]
Count=14

2. Add a new column definition. Keep in mind that column indexes start with zero, so your new column number should be equal to Count - 1

[Column13]
Caption=\"Monitor\"
Section=Display
Key=Monitor

Now restart Network Inventory Navigator and bring up the \"Show Fields\" dialog. The Monitor field should appear in the list of available fields. Just add it to the right pane.
Now when you browse your data or export the computer list to Excel/XML/HTML the Monitor field should be there.

Unfortunately, currently there is no way to include the default printer information in the grid, but we will try to implement it in the next release.
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4