Auditing hardware Serial Numbers?

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Auditing hardware Serial Numbers?

Postby harris_darrell on Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:09 am

I have Asset Navigator 2.6 Pro and I have set the Audit to run once a month in the NT login script. The majority of my PC\'s and Servers are Compaq (win2000, XP, Win98 and Win95 and HP printers. With their own managed software they can extract the serial numbers, are you planning to incorporate this into you\'re auding software? Or is it already there, if so how can I get the serial number to be automatally added in the auditing process?
harris_darrell
Junior

Postby Support Team on Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:29 pm

The serial number is already there, however there is a bug in Asset Navigator version 2.6.1 that prevents the Serial Number field in the database to be populated with the invormation obtained by the Inventory Analyzer.
We can provide you with a patch utility that will re-import the serial number information from the snapshots updating the Serial Number field correctly.
If you would like to receive this utility please contact our support team at support@a-navigator.com
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4