INA32.EXE not working?

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

INA32.EXE not working?

Postby isamoylov on Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:20 pm

Hi,

I have installed Network Inventory Navigator Ver. 2.60 Personal Edition on my 2k workstation. I created a directory \"C:|Inventory\" and have shared it to everyone in the domain along with all permissions except Modify.

When I run ina32.exe from my workstation by launching it nothing happens. I simply get an hour glass for a few seconds and then nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Andrew Hoffman
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:33 am

Please review the following thread, it could be the same thing.

http://www.a-navigator.com/support/viewthread.php?tid=106

Also, you might need to add the Modify permission to the AuditData folder. The reason for that is that every workstation on your network gets assigned a unique name for its audit snapshot. If the file has already been created for a particular workstation, ina32.exe will fail if it is unable to re-write it with the new data. In this case you should receive and Error*.log file in your Inventory folder.
Support Team

Postby isamoylov on Fri May 24, 2002 10:15 am

The mentioned Thread does not exist. I\'m also having the same problem. INA32.exe ran the very first time on my test machine. I deleted the files created by the deployment wizard, and created a new deployment to preform a detailed file scan. Now nothing happens with INA32.exe is executed.
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Fri May 24, 2002 7:31 pm

Check the scheduling options you have set through the Deployment Wizard.
If you specified that audit should run only once a certain period of time then no new snapshot will be created until that period has expired.
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4