INA and Schedule Options

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

INA and Schedule Options

Postby johnnyops on Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:16 pm

Using the Deployment Wizard you can pick different times for the inventory to run.

Question: Where/How does it know when run and not to run. I am testing the app and trying to verify if that function works. When I select any option other than every time, I get no results? I have deleted all .adt files on the network share??

Thanks
johnnyops
Junior

Postby Support Team on Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:36 pm

The last audit time is stored locally on every machine where ina32.exe runs.
ina32.exe will not take another snapshot if the time interval passed from the moment of last audit is below the scheduled interval. For example, it won\'t produce another snapshot the same day if the inventory interval is set to 1 day.

The settings file - ina32.ini is stored on the system disk, either in the windows system directory or in the Ina32 folder in the root directory (the exact location depends on the user account used to launch ina32.exe for the very first time).

Please note, that the date/time of last audit are stored in decimal format, so it might be not easy to edit the values manually.
Support Team

Postby sbreitenbach on Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:06 am

Is there something placed on a pc that states whether or not it has been audited? We\'ve \"test\" audited some computers with the setting of Interactive once, where it will run interactive the first time, but then silent from then on. How do we reaudit these pc\'s in the interactive first mode again. I can\'t seem to find anything on the individual pc\'s that show that it\'s been audited before.

By the way... I am using version 2.5 of both Asset Navigator and NIN.
sbreitenbach

Postby Support Team on Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:39 am

Look for ina32.ini file either in the system folder or INA32 folder on the system disk.

Please note that in version 2.6 the meaning of \"Interactive Once\" has been changed. Instead of activating the interactive mode only when ina32.exe runs for the first time, this option makes ina32.exe run in interactive mode NEXT TIME.

Also, you may force interactive mode by using the /i command-line option.
Support Team

Thanks

Postby johnnyops on Mon Apr 08, 2002 5:17 pm

Exactly what I needed.
johnnyops
Junior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4