Auditing a Citrix server

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Auditing a Citrix server

Postby sbreitenbach on Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:01 pm

As I have yet to try this, I am wondering how Asset Navigator (or NIN) will discern who has rights to which applications that are run on the Citrix server. For example, if we have 10 users connected to the Citrix box, and only 5 of them have access to Microsoft Office, will it show me which users have access, and if I have Office as a software asset, with it count these 5 users as taking up a license?

In some instances, we have users who are using a desktop computer, but also connect to the Citrix box to access applications there. Will this user have two separate computer asset records (one for Citrix and one for the desktop?)

We are in the process of converting several of our users to a dumb desktop, and automatically connect to one of our two Citrix boxes, and the answers to these questions will help us to know what we will need to do.
sbreitenbach

Postby Support Team on Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:48 am

We believe you should not audit the Citrix box when regular users log in.
This might require somewhat advanced coding in the login script to disable certain computers from being audited. In a next version we are planning to add an ability to specify exclusion rules for certain computer and user names.

To answer to your question, all application listed on the machine\'s Control Panel in the Add/Remove Programs list will be listed as Installed Software.
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4