Not Recording Apps in Audit

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Not Recording Apps in Audit

Postby Vinny on Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:49 am

So far I have been very impressed with your product.
I did an audit on a few machine\'s that have Chapura Pocket Mirror installed for syncing with Outlook. I have verified it is in the Add/Remove programs, but Asset Navigator doesn\'t see it or record it. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way I can manually add it to the software list and have AN detect it?

My ina32.exe is created to a complete scan.
Vinny

Postby Support Team on Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:59 pm

Could you please use regedit to export the contents of the following key to a text file and email it to our support team for analysis

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall

using this information we should be able to reproduce and fix the problem.
Thank you.
Support Team

Not Detecting another App

Postby Vinny on Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:36 am

This one is a bit strange. A-Nav. detects Pocket Mirror 3.0 Pro on a W98 machine, but not 3.0 standard or 3.1 Pro.

Any clues?
Vinny

Postby Support Team on Wed May 08, 2002 12:15 am

This could be happening due to the fact that 3.0 standard or 3.1 Pro are not getting registered in the uninstall section of the system registry.

We are going to implement an advanced method of software detection in the upcoming release of Asset Navigator. With this new approach we will be able to resolve this issue.
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4