Audit on remote computer keeps running

Alloy Discovery is a comprehensive network inventory solution for network administrators and IT service providers, advancing the Alloy Network Inventory product line with next generation technology.

Audit on remote computer keeps running

Postby Eddeck on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 am

I,ve got Alloy 5.0.2 installed on a windows 2003 server. We have got about 90 clients running on the network. We,ve upgraded from 4 to 5.0.2. Whe had no problems with te previous version 4

We have placed all the systems in an single "Audit Group". When we audit te complete group, many comuter won''t return there infomation to the server. The Ina32.exe tool keeps on running untill aborted manualy. Also the CPU usage on most of the system is above 50%. This slows down the computer a lot. There is no event placed in the system event viewer. The only event shown is "ina32 is succesfully started".

Also when we activate a single remote audit on some specific computers, the ina32.exe tool keeps on running. When i copy te ina32.exe and configuration file to the specific computer, and run it then. There is no single problem. The information is placed on the server in a few seconds.

Al the stations are IBM/Lenovo systems. These are as wel Noteboos as Desktops. We are running McAfee versions 8.0i and 8.7i. I,ve tried with disabling almost every program that is starting toghether with Windows XP SP2. Without succes!

Who can help me with this problem
Eddeck

Re: Audit on remote computer keeps running

Postby janstonselig on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Eddeck wrote:Also when we activate a single remote audit on some specific computers, the ina32.exe tool keeps on running. When i copy te ina32.exe and configuration file to the specific computer, and run it then. There is no single problem. The information is placed on the server in a few seconds.

Sounds to me like a network/connection/environment related issue. I'd search that getting started doc for 'troubleshoot'. There were some things there that helped me once. If that doesn't help I'd contact support.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Discovery Express 5