How to catagories users with shared Inventory Analyzer

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

How to catagories users with shared Inventory Analyzer

Postby ajvang on Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:22 am

Before we setup this shared drive to run the audits through batch files loading at startup we entered the information in manually and the users who currently use them. How can I do that through this shared audit on the network?? When I Import the snapshot files they are catagorized as Administrator, instead I would like a user name who it belongs. Do I have to set this in the ina32.ini ?
ajvang
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:44 pm

Note that the default replace mode for the User field is BlankDB, meaning it will not be updated. So 'Administrator' may reflect the results of the first audit for that machine, not the latest one. You can change replace modes in the Field Mappings section of Administrative Settings.
mhull

Postby ajvang on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:43 pm

so then if i run the ina32.exe as a shortcut startup, in AN it will show me that username who ran it the first time? i thought maybe you can specify the user so when i goto catagorize it By User it will show up as user: Public . We have 42 Public PC's under User: Public, I guess only way to do this is rename the User from whatever username to the correct one.
ajvang
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:46 pm

By default, Asset Navigator will show the User from the original audit no matter how you are running audits now. If you don't like this behavior, you should just change the Replace Mode on the User field to Always, and it will begin to reflect the user detected during the most recently loaded audit.
mhull

Postby ajvang on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:55 pm

hm... where can i go to find this? Is it under Tools > Administrative > Administrative Settings? I presently don't have admin rights because my boss is on vacation but will e-mail him to get password
ajvang
Junior

Postby mhull on Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:18 am

See 'Field Mappings' in the help file for details on changing these settings.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion