Audit data older than info in Database

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

Audit data older than info in Database

Postby jeff urban on Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:38 am

Recent instal...Getting errors when trying to run audit loader saying that the audit snapshot is older than information in the database.

How do I resolve this?
jeff urban

Postby moroz on Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:37 pm

This message indicates that you are trying to load the same audit snapshot twice; to resolve this simply delete the audit snapshot and run ina32 again. This message could also occur when you have a time conflict between the audited machine and the machine where Audit Loader is running. Locate the problem machine and correct the 'wrong' time; this should resolve the conflict.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby abrezina on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:58 pm

I tried the two fixes above and out of my 200 PC's I am still getting the error about 20 times. Any other ideas?
abrezina

Postby pille on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:15 pm

There is no fix as this is not an issue. Technically it's an informative message rather than an error. All it's saying is that the snapshot being imported is older than the last audit for that machine in the database.

Now, if you find this is incorrect, then consider if you use imaging at your company. Did you audit the image and then duplicate it around your company? If so then a file ina32.ini, which must be unique, might be duplicated. When this happens, audits will get the "snapshot is older message" because the machine it's wrongly linked to has a new audit associated with it.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion