Net Inv Data import ,Web reg, deleting contacts

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

Net Inv Data import ,Web reg, deleting contacts

Postby tony160 on Fri May 21, 2004 7:26 pm

I had the users fill in the first, last and email fields when they logged onto their computers, this created contacts, now the users cannot reg via web interface. It says that they are already registered. I then go to Manage useres, their information is not there.
I cannot delete the contact. It states that the contact data is referenced by another database object.
How do I get the users to reg via web, or how do I delete the contacts so they can reg over the web?
tony160

Postby moroz on Mon May 24, 2004 9:36 am

This message ( 'Unable to delete/modify record. This record is referenced by another database object' ) indicates that there are records/objects associated with the object you are trying to remove. These objects may be computer records, help desk tickets, contracts, etc. They will need to be deleted before you can remove the contact.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby tony160 on Tue May 25, 2004 5:54 pm

Why is it that after I import from Inventory analyzer, users cannot register ?
tony160

Postby mhull on Wed May 26, 2004 12:55 pm

Your Active Directory permissions may cause a conflict between the information pulled for a contact by inventory analyzer and the information pulled by the web interface, which can prevent user creation. For further assistance, please send a screenshot of the error users get when they try to register and a reference to forum ID 2527 to support@alloy-software.com.
mhull

Postby tony160 on Wed May 26, 2004 1:31 pm

Believe it or not, we are not on active directory (yet)
tony160

Postby moroz on Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:34 pm

Please contact to support@alloy-software with a reference to forum ID - 2527 and detailed description of your setup.
moroz
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion