Macintosh Tracking

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

Macintosh Tracking

Postby appleman on Wed May 12, 2004 4:52 pm

Is there a good way (script, application, or client) to import data from a Mac's system profile? OS X has command line scriptable options but OS 9 and earlier does not. Any solutions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
appleman
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed May 12, 2004 7:34 pm

Currently, our product supports Windows only. However, we are in a process of developing a version for Macs. We are planning to release this tool in the Q3 2004.
moroz
Alloy Software

Great!

Postby appleman on Wed May 12, 2004 9:05 pm

Great, I look forward to checking it out. If you need someone to try it out let me know, I'm very anxious to use this.
appleman
Junior

OS X command line scriptable options

Postby RRussell on Tue May 18, 2004 11:55 am

Appleman I have a question regarding your mention of OS X's command line scriptable options that you mentioned. Is it possible to take some of this information through the command line scriptable options and import it into Asset Navigator. I am very new to MAC's and my company I work at just got a new MAC laptop and I had to enter everything in manually into Asset Navigator. If you know of a easier procedure to follow with this command line scriptable option it would be much appreciated if you could share it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

RRussell
RRussell
Junior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion