Runs too often

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

Runs too often

Postby JasonCirillo on Wed May 05, 2004 9:51 am

I have a hand ful of random PC users on our network complaining that the asset navigator runs every morning when they logon. Most people are not having this problem. I have it set to run once a month. What is causing this? There are no consistencies with these system. It seems very random.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
JasonCirillo
Junior

Postby mhull on Wed May 05, 2004 11:51 am

Probably the ina32.ini file (which records last audit date) cannot be written due to permissions issues. If ina32.exe doesn't know the last audit date it will assume 'never' and run. Getting Started Guide section 5.1 contains details on where to find ina32.ini- make sure the user has permission to create and access it.
mhull

ina32.ini

Postby JasonCirillo on Mon May 10, 2004 11:31 am

That would make sense except that there's no evidence of a ina32.ini file on anybody's computer here. Not in SystemRoot or C:/ina32. Is there a different way to search %systemroot%? I searched a problem computer for ina32.ini starting at the C:/ level and found nothing.
JasonCirillo
Junior

Postby mhull on Mon May 10, 2004 11:38 am

'attrib /s ina32.ini' run from c:> will find it, as described in the Getting Started guide.
mhull

dos only

Postby JasonCirillo on Mon May 10, 2004 11:55 am

I figured that out already, but it seems as though it only appears in the dos command prompt. Once I run that command I still don't see it in windows.
JasonCirillo
Junior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion