Audit Conflicts

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

Audit Conflicts

Postby gsingleton@securaplane.co on Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:46 pm

Hi!
I'm looking for a "best practice" when handling some audit conflicts in AN. Whenever I wipe a computer's hard drive and reload it, AN lists it as a conflict. I've tried checking the "Overwrite" checkbox, but that doesn't appear to do anything.

Also, when I replace a user's computer with a new one, it creates a conflict based on Asset Tag (I'm using PC name for the Asset Tag).

So far, the only thing I've been able to do is delete the conflicting computers out of AN (a mess, because I have to write down the associated software and assets, so I can reassociate them later) and out of the audit directory, and then reaudit the machines.

Any better suggestions out there? Thanks!
gsingleton@securaplane.co

Postby mhull on Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:04 pm

It is expected for a conflict to occur when computer names are changed. You simply have to resolve the conflict.

As far as the issue with wiping computers, make sure you are using the latest AN version and the associated ina32.exe. What you are describing sounds like an issue with Audit ID conflicts that is resolved in the latest version. If that doesn't help, please send a screenshot of the Show Conflicts screen for one of these conflicts to support@alloy-software.com and reference forum ID 2427 for further assistance.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion