Computers Updating Incorrectly

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management

Computers Updating Incorrectly

Postby jjdoll78 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 am

We have a number of computers, all the same model (Lenovo ThinkPad T61) that do not update properly. For instance, when you log into one of the machines it will update a totally different record, regardless if the serial number or anything is incorrect. This leads to incorrect information for these machines and makes managing them impossible. We end with numerous records that are never updated and 1 record that changes every time someone logs into a different laptop. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I am not sure why it's just this model, could it be something to do with the laptop image we use?
jjdoll78

Re: Computers Updating Incorrectly

Postby janstonselig on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:16 am

jjdoll78 wrote:..when you log into one of the machines it will update a totally different record, regardless if the serial number or anything is incorrect.

This is the same situation as was posted in this post.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4494

My guess if you used cloning/an image to build these laptops and that master image has an ina32.ini file on it. If you have two of these the same the application will think they're the same machine and update the same record without regard to different values for serial, etc.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management Discussion