Scheduling the Data Collection cycle

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management

Scheduling the Data Collection cycle

Postby rexnmiller on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:01 pm

I see that you can schedule the Inventory Server to Process Collected Data Every "X" hours. In my environment it may become essential to schedule the time the Data Collection cycle a little more precisely. Is there any way to do this?

Version 4 had a scheduler that allowed me to schedule what hour of the day the Data Collection cycle would start. I don't see that in version 5. Was this feature dropped?

In version 5, if you schedule the Data Collection cycle to run once every 24 hours, what hour of the day does that run? Is it 24 hours from the hour you made the setting? Thank you.

Rex
rexnmiller

Re: Scheduling the Data Collection cycle

Postby pille on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:00 pm

rexnmiller wrote:In version 5, if you schedule the Data Collection cycle to run once every 24 hours, what hour of the day does that run? Is it 24 hours from the hour you made the setting?

Currently if you set the Inventory Server Interval to run every 24 hours or 1 day, it will run exactly 1 day from the time the settings took affect and/or the time when the Inventory Server was started.

So if you set the interval to 24 hours and you restart the Inventory Server at 11pm, then it will continue to run every day at 11pm.

There's a feature request to allow for the Inventory Server to be scheduled under the Automation Server like Business Rules and the Mail Connector, etc, instead of having it set as an interval. I've added you to the requesters of that feature.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management Discussion