Software inventory

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management

Software inventory

Postby cruppert on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:28 pm

I have moved some machines around in our company. The machines have been reloaded and renamed. The inventory runs on them and the association works fine. The problem is that the software that was previously installed on the machine and is no longer there does not go away. Is there a setting I am missing on how to make this remove the old software and only show what is currently installed?
cruppert
Junior

Any Help

Postby cruppert on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:30 am

Hello, any help on this?
cruppert
Junior

Re: Software inventory

Postby pille on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:18 pm

cruppert wrote:I have moved some machines around in our company. The machines have been reloaded and renamed. The inventory runs on them and the association works fine. The problem is that the software that was previously installed on the machine and is no longer there does not go away. Is there a setting I am missing on how to make this remove the old software and only show what is currently installed?

When a machine is imported it should automatically unrelate from software not installed on the machine and then relate to software it finds. If it's not doing that there must be an issue somewhere. We'd have to work with you at support to determine the excact steps being taken.

I'll go ahead and create a ticket for you and someone from support will contact you.

Additionally, just a note. This isn't a formal support channel, but more of an online community where customers and potential customers can discuss Alloy Software's products. You'll always get much quicker response when contacting support directly.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management Discussion