Changing "year to date" date ranges

Open discussion about using Crystal Reports with Alloy Navigator 5

Changing "year to date" date ranges

Postby dwayne on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi there,

We went live with our Alloy Navigator system in July 2008. We've been using the year to date report functions to publish monthly reports to the business. The issue that we have now discovered is that the Year to Date reports are based on calendar year, whereas we would like to base them on the Australia financial year, which is July to June.

Can anyone advise what I would need to modify (we have Crystal Reports Designer) to make this happen ?

Thanks

Dwayne
dwayne
Junior

Re: Changing "year to date" date ranges

Postby janstonselig on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm

dwayne wrote:The issue that we have now discovered is that the Year to Date reports are based on calendar year, whereas we would like to base them on the Australia financial year, which is July to June

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year wrote:The Australian government's fiscal year begins on July 1 and concludes on June 30 of the following year. This applies for personal income tax and the federal budget, and most companies are required to use it as their own.

I don't think I have this report. Does the report let you choose a date range when you run it? If so, why not just specify the date range of the fiscal year you want to use. Will that work for you?
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Report Creation Using Crystal Reports