approval workflow for incident added in selfservice portal

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 5 Web Portals

approval workflow for incident added in selfservice portal

Postby Tebodin on Mon May 31, 2010 8:41 am

How can I configure this?

I want users to be able to request an asset (for example for a laptop) in the selfservice portal (Web portal) and then choose (from a list?) who should approve this request. Then I want the approver to get an e-mail with the question to approve the request of the user. This should be just one click on a link for the approver. When approved I want the Workorder to be activated for ICT to order the laptop.

How do I get this in place? Do I need the administrative settings in AN?
---------
Brendan
Tebodin

Re: approval workflow for incident added in selfservice portal

Postby eliaslynch on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Tebodin wrote:I want users to be able to request an asset (for example for a laptop) in the selfservice portal (Web portal) and then choose (from a list?) who should approve this request. Then I want the approver to get an e-mail with the question to approve the request of the user. This should be just one click on a link for the approver. When approved I want the Workorder to be activated for ICT to order the laptop.

you can do this by having udf fields for 'asset' and 'approver' but the downside is having to populate those fields with information. other than that it's easy to send emails, etc. creating the workorder isn't possible to do in v5 though. in v6 this is possible to do via workflow.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Web Portal Discussion