Extremly slow SelfServiceDesk- and TechServiceDesk Webportal

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 5 Web Portals

Extremly slow SelfServiceDesk- and TechServiceDesk Webportal

Postby raeffu on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:01 am

Hi guys,

I recently installed Alloy Navigator 5.3, Alloy SelfServiceDesk- and Alloy TechServiceDesk Webportal on an absolutly new Win2k3 SP2 Server with IIS 6.0 and MS SQL 2008.

Everything runs properly, I can view tickets, commit them and and and, BUT it's all extremly slow. For example, when I click (in SelfServiceDesk Webportal) on New Incidents it takes about half a min. before the page is displayed. I guess there's maybe a (performance) problem with the SQL Server, but I can't imagine where, our DB is only 32 MB (about 200 entries). I tested normal static html pages on the IIS, they are displayed very fast, so that doesn't seem to be problem.

Anyone had any similar problems?
Heeellpppp meeee!!! :)

Regards,
raeffu
raeffu

Re: Extremly slow SelfServiceDesk- and TechServiceDesk Webportal

Postby eliaslynch on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 pm

had similar issues not with Alloy, but with other IIS apps and 9 out of 10 times it's authentication issues. are you using windows auth? if so, try switching over to sql auth just to test. you'll have to reconfigure the web portals and create a sql auth account to test...and switch into mixed mode if your sql server isn't already set that way.

it's a good first guess though.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby nhadidi on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:49 am

Hello All,

We're having the same issue every day....we have about 29000 records and performance has been a killer when using the Alloy client and web. We have cluster database servers and the backend looks very good, but it's extremely slow. Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

Thanks,
Nid
nhadidi

Postby eliaslynch on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:48 pm

nhadidi wrote:We're having the same issue every day....we have about 29000 records and performance has been a killer when using the Alloy client and web. We have cluster database servers and the backend looks very good, but it's extremely slow. Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

hi Nid, I'd give my previous suggestion a try and see if you see a change.

eliaslynch wrote:are you using windows auth? if so, try switching over to sql auth just to test. you'll have to reconfigure the web portals and create a sql auth account to test...and switch into mixed mode if your sql server isn't already set that way.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby janstonselig on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:04 pm

There's probably completely different situation for you Nid since both the windows client and web client are slow. I'd agree with Elias that if slowness was with the web client only. If you're having issues with both windows and web client then I would try to go right to performing SQL Traces to determine what is happening.

Also, I'm not a SQL expert, but I believe SQL clustering is for failover and not speed. What I mean is, it's used in case of a SQL server crash so clients can always get to a database. It isn't for load balancing where speed would be increased having more than one server in cluster. A client only uses one server at a time.

(I think)
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Web Portal Discussion