Page 1 of 1

Web Portal / Self Service desk loging problem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:07 am
by basheer
HI,
I just installed Web portal and self service desk in a win2k server with IIS installed.
The authentication is set as Basic authentication. SQL Server resides in defferent server.
Webportal version is : 5.1.4

When i try to login, i get the authentication box after entering sername and password, end up with 403 page saying, you are not authorized to view this page.

How can i solve this?!
Thanks so much

Re: Web Portal / Self Service desk loging problem

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:27 pm
by pille
basheer wrote:When i try to login, i get the authentication box after entering sername and password, end up with 403 page saying, you are not authorized to view this page.


When you say authentication is configured for basic authentication, did you specifically go into IIS and set it to Basic Authentication?

Those Windows authentication boxes can come up for quite a few reasons. The number one reason is because of browser settings. IE for instance, will prompt you for a username and password when it thinks the URL you're accessing is outside your intranet (by default) and it can do that for multiple reasons...for instance, if your URL has a dot in it.

Getting the same error with basic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:38 am
by jstarkeyfns
I'm getting the same error and I have basic selected. Not sure what else can be causing the problem.

Application("THD") = False
Application("Impersonation") = "Basic"
Application("EUserName") = "alloysoftware"
Application("ManualOrganization") = False

But when I go to login as a users for the SelfServiceDesk it gives me:

Description
Configuration error. Please contact your system administrator. Details: "Impersonation account is invalid. Login failed for user 'alloysoftware'"

Thanks!

corrected action

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:30 am
by jstarkeyfns
I ended up removing the original service account from the SQL server and then added a new account and it worked...not sure the reason the first one didn't work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:41 pm
by pille
After the Windows Authentication account is created, there's an account created in SQL which references the Windows account. If you change the Windows account in certain ways it can break the link between the SQL entry and that Windows account and in turn the account in our product will have issues.

Something similar may have happened here.