Custom Templates with Custom Data

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Custom Templates with Custom Data

Postby m698322h on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Hello,

I would like to create a custom template utilizing it's own user defined Custom Data and have the custom data only be shown on this template.

Example:

Template: Provision Server, I would autmatically populate the fields such as assignee, dept, category, etc.
User Data: Ram (1,2,4,8,....) GB, Processors (1,2,4, etc), applications, storage, etc.

I would like this User Data attached to the template only and not all templates.

I know how to create a template and create custom data, but not how to combine the two.

How can I go about this?

Also is it possible to create a drop down for custom data (Ram for example) where one choice only can be decided or do I have to create the process to check the fields as the ticket is saved then toss an error at the creator and force them to fix it?

Thanks
m698322h
Junior

Re: Custom Templates with Custom Data

Postby eliaslynch on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:10 pm

m698322h wrote:I would like to create a custom template utilizing it's own user defined Custom Data and have the custom data only be shown on this template.

I would like this User Data attached to the template only and not all templates.

I know how to create a template and create custom data, but not how to combine the two.

I don't think you're using the correct word.

Templates are a term in the application used to describe groupings of pre-populated fields you can apply to a form. Maybe you mean a form? You can create as many templates as you want and populate whatever fields/values you want with each, but you can't edit forms.

m698322h wrote:Also is it possible to create a drop down for custom data (Ram for example) where one choice only can be decided or do I have to create the process to check the fields as the ticket is saved then toss an error at the creator and force them to fix it?

Yes, you can create a drop down (lookup) UDF, but if you want to enforce a value, you'll have to create a Business Rule to do that.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion