Prompt for info on PO Check-In

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Prompt for info on PO Check-In

Postby sdmhoward on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:37 am

Is there a way to have alloy prompt for info (such as computer name or asset tag) when an item is created via a PO check-in?

Lets say I order 5 of the same computer, 3 of them go to one office, 1 goes to another, and the last one stays here. Each system gets its name based on location to be stationed and gets an asset tag for that particular location.

If I receve some or all of these systems, i go into the PO, and tell it I have receved x amount of these systems then click ok (this creates the asset for each system in alloy).

Now I would like to be prompted to enter such data for each system as its asset is created through the PO. Is there a way to do this?
sdmhoward
Junior

Postby pille on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:42 pm

You can't currently enter the values. I'll enter a feature request for what you're asking. You can however use templates which may be difficult to realize.

When you receive your items, notice the 3rd screen in the receive items wizard. Under the template column you can select the template you want to use. You can use this as a workaround if you wanted, but you'd have to separate your items.

For instance, if you had 10 computers and 3 of them went to New York, you would create a set of 7 items and then a set of 3 items. This way when receiving, you could specify that the set of 3 items uses the template called "New York".

This may or may not help you in your situation though since this still requires you to separate out your items based on location ahead of time.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion