Do you use ITIL?

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Do you use ITIL?

Postby janstonselig on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:52 pm

It's funny that the Alloy Navigator application is very much related with ITIL yet this forum has no posts.

Does anyone else here use ITIL? I went to a class and our company started to use ITIL, but I'm curious if any of the people who frequent this forum have fully implemented ITIL best practices also.

I'm a part of various ITIL forums, but being that this forum is specific to the application my company uses I would think this would be more valuable to me if others talked about it.
janstonselig
Senior

ITIL Conversion

Postby cindy.collins on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Our company is implementing ITIL best practices now. Where are you in implementing ITIL processes?
cindy.collins
Junior

Postby janstonselig on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:15 am

After some tweaking I think we have our incident and problem management setup the way we want it. Initially we approached it in a complicated way, but now have made things more simple. We're just starting to determine how we want to use the change management section. We're trying to stay simple, but may want to go with some type of approval process.

I did attend a class, but it wasn't all that great so we've done most of our work based on our own research. I've talked with Alloy support and some friends in the industry and they all seem to feel that ITIL can be simplified a lot. We've tried to take that approach whenever possible.

What types of best practices are you working on? Anything specific?
janstonselig
Senior

Re:

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:36 pm

janstonselig wrote:What types of best practices are you working on? Anything specific?

We justs implemented a simple approval process for our CM. Like you we started a bit complex at first, but then simplified it a lot.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Re: Re:

Postby pille on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:12 am

eliaslynch wrote:
janstonselig wrote:What types of best practices are you working on? Anything specific?

We justs implemented a simple approval process for our CM. Like you we started a bit complex at first, but then simplified it a lot.

I'm curious how you implemented your approval process. I've seen it done so many ways and I would love to know if you've taken a different approach that we typically recommend.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion