Ticket auto-creation

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Ticket auto-creation

Postby adisinternational on Mon May 05, 2008 7:24 pm

Another feature I would like to see is alowing a business rule to create a ticket. I know I can create tickets on a recurring basis (a feature we use heavily) but it would be nice to be able to auto-generate tickets via a business rule.

EG Once a document's "last review date" is older than 3 months, I would like to create a ticket assigned to the owner of the document requiring them to update/review the document

Another example - We perform CR approval by requiring the technician who creates the CR to create a work order spawned from it. That work order goes to the person who is able to approve CR's, and that person resolves the WO with a special closure ciode that auto-approves or declines the CR. It would be nice if a business rule could detect the CR creation and automagically create the approval WO instead of the technician having to do it manually.
adisinternational
Junior

Re: Ticket auto-creation

Postby pille on Tue May 13, 2008 6:41 pm

adisinternational wrote:Another feature I would like to see is alowing a business rule to create a ticket. I know I can create tickets on a recurring basis (a feature we use heavily) but it would be nice to be able to auto-generate tickets via a business rule.

I've added you to the existing feature request.

Consider the workaround for the time being to have emails generated back to the mail connector.

For instance, in the situation where a document is such and such months old, simply have an email generated to a mail connector of your choice and you'll have a ticket created.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion