Person to see/edit all incidents within an Organization

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Person to see/edit all incidents within an Organization

Postby completeit on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:30 pm

I feel that there should be a manager/executive/supervisor option (checkbox) on a Person within an Organization that would allow that Person to see and/or interact with all incidents for that Organization (and/or child Organizations).

For example, a department manager should be able to login via the Self Service Desk and see all tickets submitted by their staff, add Activities, change Urgency, etc.
completeit
Junior

Postby GPS on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:39 am

This is a great idea, we have had numerous requests from Department Managers who would like to be able see their staff tickets in the Self Service Web Portal. I second it.

Cheers
Mark
GPS
Senior

Postby pille on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:08 pm

This is actually a feature request in our system. Not sure when or if it will be implemented, but there are others who have asked for it so I believe it will be at some point.

I added both your thumbs up to the request to show additional demand for the feature.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Postby cindy.collins on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:59 pm

My workaround for this is by creating views for the team managers. First I enable incident views for everyone then I create a view for the team manager that only includes the members of their team. This is working for me for now, but the added function would be nice, too.
cindy.collins
Junior

Postby completeit on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:28 pm

I am talking about end users, not technicians... Note in my original message I mentioned 'Self Service Desk' and not 'Tech Service Desk', so Incident Views are not possible...

We are an outsourced IT operation, so I iam talking about the end user web interface. In other words, managers, owners, and executives with our customers are merely 'Employees' and not a 'Technician'...
completeit
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion