Generating .adt(audit) file locally

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Generating .adt(audit) file locally

Postby srunleang on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:42 am

For our remote users. I would like them to run the ina32.exe locally and have the .adt(audit) file saved locally, instead of on the network. I can't seem to find a destination option when it comes to creating profile audits. Your help will be much appreciated.

Srun
srunleang
Junior

Re: Generating .adt(audit) file locally

Postby pille on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:32 pm

srunleang wrote:For our remote users. I would like them to run the ina32.exe locally and have the .adt(audit) file saved locally, instead of on the network. I can't seem to find a destination option when it comes to creating profile audits. Your help will be much appreciated.

You would have to copy the ina32.cfg and ina32.exe to the local machine to run the audit that way.

Then open the ina32.cfg and look for the following lines and edit them to fit your needs:

Code: Select all
Path=
DataPath=
LogPath=

Keep in mind it would be better to add the ina32.exe to startup in registry as opposed to a scheduled task because the scheduled task will most likely run as Local System. This means the user will be shown as System instead of the user who is logged in.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Postby srunleang on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks for the reply, however I contacted Tech Support at Alloy and they provided me the exact same solution as you have indicated.
srunleang
Junior

Postby janstonselig on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 am

I handle my remote users the same way Paul suggested and it works well. If Alloy updates the ina32.exe you have to update the file on remote machines though.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion