E-mail notification on Contracts

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

E-mail notification on Contracts

Postby Ziggy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:36 am

I would like to have information how I can enable e-mail notification on the Contract part. For example: If a contract is about to be expired I would like to receive an e-mail 3 month before the expiring date and another one the week before. I can not find this option, do I need to do this with a macro? What is the best practise in this?
An example would be welcome :)

Thanks already,

Best, Ziggy
Ziggy

Re: E-mail notification on Contracts

Postby pille on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:19 pm

Ziggy wrote:If a contract is about to be expired I would like to receive an e-mail 3 month before the expiring date and another one the week before.

Basically you'll want to create a rule that works on the "Scheduled event occured" event, but most of the work here is done via the criteria.

When you add a condition, notice the condition type. Instead of standard, try using compare two date fields. For 'Date 1' set it to 'End Date', set it to 'is after' and then for 'Date 2' set it to '<Now>'. You can find <Now> under the System Macro tab when you browse for the field to use.

Then set it to 'by less than' '90' 'days'

The action would be an email. Then just copy this rule for the one that works when it's only a week away.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Postby Ziggy on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:00 am

Thanks for you advice, but I still have a question.
when I configure it like this than this rule is for every contract in the contract section, wright?
When this e-mail notification is send, how can I see for what contract this notification is?

When I use the "Scheduled event occured" I see the following info in the rule:
When scheduled event occurred and if (End Date is after Now by less than 90 day(s)), then perform: Mailnotification Contracts
Is this correct? Looks like it is going to send 2 mails; the sceduled event and the 90 days rule.
Thanks for your information :)
Ziggy

Postby pille on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:29 am

Ziggy wrote:when I configure it like this than this rule is for every contract in the contract section, wright?

The idea is that the business rule will run on every contract, but it will only perform the action when it meets the criteria. My date criteria was an example.

You would probably want to have the rule run every night and check to see if the end date is exactly 90 days from now instead of less than as less than 90 days would not give you exactly what you want.

Ziggy wrote:When this e-mail notification is send, how can I see for what contract this notification is?

In the email being sent, insert placeholders for the fields you want emailed. Not sure if this email is going to you or a customer, but you should have the email show details and have one sent to yourself if you're sending it to a customer.

Ziggy wrote:Is this correct? Looks like it is going to send 2 mails; the sceduled event and the 90 days rule.

If under actions you have one email notification it will send one each time it's triggered.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion