Customizing Templates

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Customizing Templates

Postby jmward27 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi there,

I'm currently evaluating the product to see if this is something we would consider purchasing. Based on the fresh install, it appears that no matter which type of ticket you log (incident, change, problem, etc.) it uses the same exact template for entry. When I go in to try to create a custom template, I add all my fields that I would want displayed, save it, and then try to create a new ticket based on it, but still end up with the default template. I then noticed when I go back to edit the template I created, that only the first 2 fields I added ended up saving. Also, I noticed that when I open the "default" system template, that too only shows 1 field. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jeremy
jmward27
Junior

Question?

Postby ddelucas on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:35 pm

What method are you using to create the tickets? Are you using the app directly, creating them through the web portal, or via email?
- Dennis DeLucas
ddelucas
Junior

Postby jmward27 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:58 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I'm good now, but thank you. I had a WebEx with someone from Alloy last week who explained the difference between the template and the actual form for ticket entry.

Thanks again!
jmward27
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion