Field Mapping AD Sync to NAV5

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Field Mapping AD Sync to NAV5

Postby mhuguenin@ossur.com on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:17 am

I've been looking for a Field Mapping option when synchronizing AD Users to NAV5 Person records, just as for HW Inventory to Computer records. Does this exist?
In our AD the field Office has many different values, the field Department has many different values, These two fields are mapped to Location and Organization in Nav5.
The field Organization in our AD only holds < 10 different values to denote the organization a person belongs to (e.g. Americas, Europe, Nordic, Asia etc.)
I would very much like this AD field Company to be synchronized to the Persons' record Organization or a custom field 'Company', as long as I get that field in Nav5.
With this option I'd be able to do business logic for assigning tickets to the proper technicians.
Would this be possible?
mhuguenin@ossur.com
Junior

workaround

Postby mhuguenin@ossur.com on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:08 am

I think I solved my problem by NOT importing Locations from AD and creating a well structured setup for locations in Nav5. When new persons come in from AD, I only have to assign them the proper location. The business logic will then do its job based on this location.
mhuguenin@ossur.com
Junior

Re: Field Mapping AD Sync to NAV5

Postby pille on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:00 pm

mhuguenin@ossur.com wrote:I've been looking for a Field Mapping option when synchronizing AD Users to NAV5 Person records, just as for HW Inventory to Computer records. Does this exist?

Right now unfortunately there is no way to map AD fields for users like there is for the inventory portion.

mhuguenin@ossur.com wrote:I think I solved my problem by NOT importing Locations from AD and creating a well structured setup for locations in Nav5. When new persons come in from AD, I only have to assign them the proper location. The business logic will then do its job based on this location.

Yes, this should work. Many people, because of their AD information, will simply not import organizations and locations. They then later organize them in A5 how they like and manually associate them.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion