Highlight new tickets not yet looked at

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Highlight new tickets not yet looked at

Postby quinnmacdonald on Sun May 13, 2007 8:06 am

It would be exceptionally helpful if a new ticket in a list of tickets could visually reflect that it is a new ticket that you haven't opened or looked at yet.

For example, most help desk techs have many tickets in their queue. Some organizations may not use email notifications to alert techs to nw tickets, and rely on the tech managing their ticket queue differently, so if a new one is assigned to them, they may not see it right away especially if they have a sea of tickets. There are way around this ie use different status fields and use custom highlighting colors, but since you can only do 3 custom views this is limited.

Perhaps unlimited custom highlighting options?
quinnmacdonald
Junior

Re: Highlight new tickets not yet looked at

Postby pille on Mon May 14, 2007 11:11 am

quinnmacdonald wrote:It would be exceptionally helpful if a new ticket in a list of tickets could visually reflect that it is a new ticket that you haven't opened or looked at yet.

For example, most help desk techs have many tickets in their queue. Some organizations may not use email notifications to alert techs to nw tickets, and rely on the tech managing their ticket queue differently, so if a new one is assigned to them, they may not see it right away especially if they have a sea of tickets. There are way around this ie use different status fields and use custom highlighting colors, but since you can only do 3 custom views this is limited.

Perhaps unlimited custom highlighting options?

Sort of like the Read/Unread feature in an E-Mail client. Nice idea. I've entered it in our system as a feature request.

One thing that I find effective is using highlighting in conjuction with statuses and then sort by Modified date. For instance, you sort your view based on modified date to find out which tickets have been modified last. Then workable statuses would be set to a color and once you perform some sort of action you have the color change.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Re: Highlight new tickets not yet looked at

Postby adam.green on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:59 pm

this is what i came to the forum for. since i have been using this program i have wanted to be able to hi light different (status indicators) in different colors. and or priorities. since i get dispached using alloy, this feature would be extremely helpful. :)
adam.green

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion