AN 5 Documentation

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

AN 5 Documentation

Postby Poul on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Hi Alloy,
I've just ordered AN 5 (upgrading from AN 4). We are going to do a complete new installation and configure the product from scratch to accomodate changed processes and procedures. For planning purposes, I would like to get my hands on the full set system documentation while we wait for the software to arrive.
Is there anywhere I can download this?

Cheers
Poul
Poul
Junior

Postby moroz on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:48 pm

You will need to login to the Support Portal to access product documentation. You should look for:

1.) Administrator's Guide
This document provides detailed information about the installation installation and setup of the entire Alloy Navigator 5 system.

2.) Help File
This document is a detailed reference for all screens and controls in the Alloy Navigator 5 Main Console and Administrative Settings Console.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby leasecorp on Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:37 pm

Wow. That documentation is all you have? Where is the user manual?

Sorry, but the Help File is poorly written and lacking in content. A "Detailed Reference"? Ummmm, no.
leasecorp

Postby janstonselig on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:31 am

leasecorp wrote:Wow. That documentation is all you have? Where is the user manual?

Sorry, but the Help File is poorly written and lacking in content. A "Detailed Reference"? Ummmm, no.

I agree, it would be great to have a user manual (was told it's coming), but I didn't think the help file was so poorly written it wasn't helpful. I use it and get most answers. When I first started using Alloy 5, Alloy's support people were really helpful and spent a lot of time with me so maybe I didn't notice it as much. If you're having trouble finding answers I would highly recommend you call them and ask to setup a meeting to go over things.
janstonselig
Senior

manual

Postby redw on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:16 am

V4 had a great manual...what happened? Got 5 and expected the same level of documentation...
redw
Junior

Postby VTBanker on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:12 pm

I thought the 83 page administrators guide was fairly detailed..... Did you miss that one? You can find it on the support page and download the PDF.
VTBanker
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion