Self Registration

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Self Registration

Postby ctcapone on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:52 pm

We are cuurently running AN 4.4.1. We have users in the UK that need to access our web help desk since they will be using resources from our office in New Jersey and will need to enter support tickets. I would like to enable self registration since I do not want to manually create web user accounts for almost 300 people. Can you instruct me (or point me to the documentation) on how to do this?

Thank you,
Chris
ctcapone
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:59 am

The latest available release for version 4.x is 4.5.3 and I recommend that you upgrade. You can download the latest executables via the AutoUpdate function. Next, we included the new module in our latest releases (Alloy Standalone Import Contacts Module) to import all contacts from AD and create web users at once. While the auto registration can work, it is almost impossible to troubleshoot and in case of a failure we recommend to use the new module. Please review the details on this functionality in Help > Other Asset Navigator Tools > Standalone Import Contacts Module. In case of any issues, please submit a request via Report Issues web form at <http://www.alloy-software.com/support/index.html>
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby ctcapone on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:50 am

Thank you and your help is always appreciated. 2 questions:

1. Is there any issues I need to worry about when upgrading? Web Help Desk page not being accessable to web users, Loss of Data, ect?

2. Once the upgrade is completed, can I import contacts from a different domain then the one the server is part of? We can currently add web users from this other domain manually, but we would like to add all of the users there as web users in AN.

Thank you again!!
Chris
ctcapone
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:58 pm

1. Is there any issues I need to worry about when upgrading? Web Help Desk page not being accessible to web users, Loss of Data, ect?
A.) Version 4.5.3 is the latest and the most stable release of version 4.x. There are no open major issues with this version or with the upgrade from previous releases. For this reason we recommend to upgrade to all Customers. Please note all our troubleshooting procedures, scripts and utilities were developed for version 4.5.3 and may not work correctly for previous releases.

2. Once the upgrade is completed, can I import contacts from a different domain then the one the server is part of? We can currently add web users from this other domain manually, but we would like to add all of the users there as web users in AN.
A.) Yes you can. In addition, you can copy the utility to another machine and run it without starting Asset Navigator.
moroz
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion