Please enter your Login Name and Password

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Postby Sermo on Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:53 am

We are about to using the Web Technical HelpDesk.
In our test the problem is that, for every actions that we do, the program goto on the windows "Please enter your Login Name and Password ".
We have already changed the "connectivity timeout" of the technician webserver in IIS.

tks
Sergio Morelli
Sermo
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:59 am

The page 'Login.asp' is expected, before the help desk staff can use the Web Interface, you must configure the Contact records and the User Management tool within Asset Navigator accordingly. First, you need to create contact records for your technical staff, and then using the User Management module you should create Technician accounts for them.

You can find further details on account setup procedures in the User Management section of the Asset Navigator help
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby Sermo on Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:06 am

All it's just configured as is explained in the help and in the manual.
I don't understand why the program go to the login page without an error message

tks
Sergio
Sermo
Junior

Postby Sermo on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:49 am

Sorry,
now after I grant "full control" at the database for the user IUSR_XXXXXX, all is is functioning ok.
But when I login at http://server/TechHelpDesk/Login.asp the software ask me the user and pwd 2 times. Why?

tks
Sergio
Sermo
Junior

Postby mhull on Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:58 pm

Is a login popup window appearing? If so this is due to IE settings, this window appears by default if the web page is not in the intranet security zone.
mhull

Postby Sermo on Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:40 am

It's not a login popup is this web page:

Login:
Password:

after 2 insert of the user and pwd now this error is appearing:

Access to database denied. Please make sure that your path to the database in global.asa is correct, and that the IIS anonymous access user has full permissions to the database.

All is set ok as indicated in the installation manual:

the tecnicians in user management
the tecnicians in user contacts
the database security for IUSR_SERVER
the global.asa file

for more infomation I send you the files of the network inventory analysis of our server that is a W2003 server standard edition.

tks
Sergio
Sermo
Junior

Postby mhull on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:36 pm

This pathing/permissions error can be caused by several configurations. For further assistance, please send the following information to support@alloy-software.com:

- screenshots of all User Management tabs
- a copy of your global.asa
- screenshot of Authentication Methods screen from the virtual directory properties
- listing or screenshots detailing _all_ filesystem and share permissions for the directory where the database (.mdb) resides
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion