Some questions about the HD_tickets table and report generat

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Some questions about the HD_tickets table and report generat

Postby mzaharris on Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:43 pm

I have the following questions.

1) We are interested in some additional groupings. In the HD_tickets table there is the category field. Currently we have about 7 different varieties under it. Can you add custom fields to the table to further break down the category field? Or do you have to add a bunch of new descriptions under the category field?

2) In the same table there are 6 fields that seem to all be null and are named Udf1 through Udf6. What are they used for and if used how are they populated. I thought the Udf might stand for undefined and could be used for custom fields.

3) I also noticed in the same table that the complete date, start date, and submit date are all populated. Subsequently there is a total_time field that is not populated. Is there a way to get this field to automatically populate or is it a manual entry field?

Thanks for your time in advance!
mzaharris
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:47 am

1. You manage dropdown values in the Lookup Tables window. This functionality is explained in details in Help > User Interface Features > Lookup Tables.

2. There are six User Defined Fields to store any additional information, please refer to Help > User Interface Features > User Defined Fields.

3. The field 'Total Time' is populated automatically and reflects the sum of 'Time Spent' values for each Activity within one Help Desk Ticket.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby mzaharris on Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:59 pm

Hey thanks!

I do have one more question after reading the documentation/help on the six user defined fields. It does not appear that you can set the user defined fields to have drop downs so you can make sure the same information is entered the same way every time? Is this a true statement?

Thanks again
mzaharris
Junior

Postby mhull on Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:11 pm

That's correct, you cannot change the type of a UDF right now. But such a feature is scheduled for AN 5.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion