Adding/Removing Technician

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Adding/Removing Technician

Postby VTBanker on Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:45 am

In AN I have removed a technician and added a new one. I am currently at my limit of 5 which includes the generic admin account. When the new tech logs into the technician web help desk and tries to assign a ticket to himself, the old tech is still listed and he isn't, ummmm....
He can log into the web help desk as a tech fine but he just can't assign himself. Any thoughts in what this could be??
VTBanker
Senior

Postby mhull on Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:13 pm

Probably the Contacts record for the 'new technician' is not marked Technician. It must be before he will show up in the Assigned To dropdown.
mhull

Postby VTBanker on Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:51 pm

I checked the new acount and it is setup correctly. What's more odd is the old tech is deleted from the AN program but still shows up on the web side. With this old tech still listed could it be keeping the new tech from being listed because of the 5 tech limitation?
I have tried a DB compact & repair for kicks and it didn't help. Any ideas?
VTBanker
Senior

Postby moroz on Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:19 pm

Please send a screenshot of your User Management form (tab Users) to support@alloy-software.com for further assistance.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby VTBanker on Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:31 pm

I sent you screenshots of the user properties and when I created the Contact Details report you requested I saw the problem. The new user wasn't checked as a technician and the user that is no longer a tech was still flagged as a tech. I thought when the old user was deleted as a tech it would unflag the web account as a tech. I wasn't aware of this setting in the contact list. Thanks for your help in showing me the light.
VTBanker
Senior

Postby mhull on Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:48 pm

FYI to anyone reading this thread:

User Management records and Contact records are 'loosely' linked. This means that changes made to one don't generally impact the other. Also, keep in mind that there are many different meanings of 'Technician' in Asset Navigator. A Contact can be marked as a technician, a UM record can be of technician type, and a UM record can have the technician role. These are all totally separate attributes, they just happen to have the same name.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion