Logging in to Web Helpdesk

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Logging in to Web Helpdesk

Postby logic on Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:42 pm

I have installed Asset Navigator and the Web Helpdesk component. I had to create a COM+ application to workaround a Windows 2003 issue (as instructed by Alloy support). I am trying to use Windows authentication and autoregistration so users do not have to be manually added, and so they do not have to use a password.

When I visit the helpdesk website, I am automatically logged in and registered, but not using my Windows credentials (adixon). Instead, I am logged in as the user created to run the COM+ application under (anhelpdesk).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

I am using II6 on Windows 2003 Server, and Asset Navigator 4.3 Enterprise.
logic
Junior

Postby mhull on Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:48 pm

Please contact support@alloy-software.com for assistance. There is a new utility which they can provide you, it will automatically create a COM+ object with the correct settings.
mhull

Postby logic on Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:45 pm

That didn't work either. I get the following error now:

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/helpdesk/TimeZone.asp, line 55

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

I'm currently going back and forth with the Support team about this, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.
logic
Junior

Postby logic on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:53 pm

Support instructed me to create an "Admin" role for the COM+ application, and add the user which I used for the installer to it. After doing this, I still recieved the same error message. The other option I was given was to uncheck the "Enforce access checks for this application" option in the security tab for the COM+ application's properties.

After doing this, I encountered the same problem as before: I am logged in using the user I created for the COM+ application (anhelpdesk) instead of my own (adixon).

Any thoughts on this?
logic
Junior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion