Editing Fields in the Web Help Desk

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Editing Fields in the Web Help Desk

Postby mwebb on Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:19 pm

I've downloaded the evaluation of Asset Navigator and the Help Desks and really like the product a lot. However, I don't want the user to be able to input a due date when they submit an issue. Is there a way turn off some of the fields or limit what the users can see or modify? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
mwebb
Junior

Postby moroz on Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:27 pm

This is not possible in the current version; however this feature is scheduled for implementation in one of our next releases.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby sdendle on Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:13 pm

I have read through a lot of requests in this and other forums for changes to be made. A lot of the replies indicate that these requests will be added to a future versions or maintenance releases.

Do you have any plans to designate an area for forum users to be able to look at what is being added to future versions? This may cut down on some of the requests in the forum. This would also give users to ability to look at when a recommended change is to be implemented.

Presently we have about five things that we have suggested and we do not know if/when these are planned to be implemented.

Regards,

Sean
sdendle
Senior

Postby mhull on Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:05 pm

This isn't really possible. Plans for future products are fluid and can change during the planning, implementation, or testing phases of development. So there's no way we can say that a particular feature will be included, or what version it will be included in. Also, it isn't necessarily desirable to prevent repeated requests for a given feature. Volume of requests is one determining factor when deciding what features to implement.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion